Open enrollment starts in March!
2018-2019 School Year is approaching
Class Runs from August 14th 2018 through May 16th 2019
Pre Kindergarten Class
3 days a week (4 hours per day)
Paid at the beginning of each month
Tuition is paid in even payments over the 10 months. You are only paying for the hours your child is in class. Payments are calculated by using the total hours in class times the hourly rate then divided into even monthly payments. You are not paying for holidays or summer break.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
8:30 am to 12:30 Tues. & Thur.
8:30 am to 12:00 Wednesdays
- Focus Wall/Math – What are we learning this week? concept focus and practice: colors, numbers, weather, Rhymes, same/different, bulletin board etc.
- Phonemic Awareness Activity – Focus on our letter sounds and also learn Chants/Rhymes/Poems
- Guided Reading – Student-participate in activities and games
- RECESS - Bathroom Break – Socializing and peer interaction
- Science/Sensory - Create and explore with experiments and sensory tables
- Centers – Alternating: arts and crafts, writing and social studies ie:Kinesthetic, hands on activity exploring new skill
- Large Muscle/Dramatic Play – Physical learning and games, socializing, roll playing, pretending
- Math -Sort, shapes, counting, numbers etc. using paperwork and manipulatives
- Seat work- Fine motor skills, creative activities, concept pages, The teacher will use this time for small group instruction, 1-1 instruction, and problem solving.
- Lunch- a healthy meal is provided
- Story Time – Interactive teacher read aloud
- Fine Motor Development - cutting, gluing, writing, playdouh, beading, sorting, folding ect.
Clean Up to Go Home
What to bring the first day of school!
School Supplies (Optional): 1 box of gallon or quart size ziploc bags, baby wipes or disinfectant Wipes, foaming hand soap, playdogh, clear elmers glue
- Forms (signed and filled out)
- 1 (or 2) change(s) of clothes
- 1 (or 2) pair of underwear
- 2 (or 3) pair(s) of socks (especially for Quarter 2 & 3)
Open Door Policy
Any parent is welcomed to visit your preschooler at any time during his or her class. All doors remain locked while preschool is in session for security purposes, knock and/or call to enter.
We keep parents informed of their children’s daily activities in several ways. Most of the products that are produced (paintings, writing, and arts & crafts) are sent home the day they were created. A weekly newsletter will be sent home describing the next weeks activities. Our facebook page gives reminders and updates. www.facebook.com/higherlearningpreschool
We hold parent/teacher conferences in the Fall and Year End to discuss children’s growth and development and to set goals for learning. Besides these planned conferences, parents are invited to request a conference any time they wish to speak privately with the director and or teacher.
Parent Helping Hands
*Donations of the following are welcome and appreciated!
- AA Batteries
- Glitter Glue
- Finger Paints
- non drying magic modeling clay or play douh
- Snacks: whole grain items, fruits, veggies, 100% juice, 1% milk
- unwanted magazines
- empty ink cartridges
- empty small cans (like tomato sauce, fruit or chiles)
- paper towels
- painting rollers
- construction paper
- pipe cleaners
- seasonal stickers